3d Stuf finally goin on

It finally began!



I've had a such project in mind for a long time really a LONG LONG time

However I was lacking both the knowledge and tools to do it.

Even the though it could be done the way i wanna do it aka without having to depend to heavily on a 3d artist. That would just lead to a mental break down due to the work load.

So here we are i began the work on a procedural planetary generator using the perlin noise algorithm so the planet can be auto-generated without having to require a 3d artist to build the whole planet (yeah avoiding the poor guy a mental break down and potentially avoiding a se terabyte of planetary data on your hard drive)

For now I use irrlicht and most of my work is some copy paste from work found over the code spinet area of the irrlicht forum. With some heavy modification to suite my needs and it gave back result. But for now I'm focusing on how to build efficiently a sphere that could be heightmapped and tessellated.
 (you guessed the irrlicht engine was not originally built like that the addSphereSceneNode() function does not intend being treated like that so i have to build it from scratch)


I stumbled over several tutorial how ever many of them a written in some matemagician language i cant understand when i finally found one i could get my head around i also found out my math skills are a bit farther in my memory then i would a liked them to so i guess i will have to get my head around math back. That will be a nice and annoying goal to accomplish.
If you are a little fast you likely also guessed that where i started to fail in math yes it was over the SIN COS and TAN thing so that make the goal a lot more thrilling.

here are some screen shots from the current noise generator:

 this is the first picture using an previous pre-release test  for 2d generated land scape


the current version
 so when i get the thing to work on a sphere with a LOD ill have a interesting planetary generator

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Procedural StarRendering and lots of stashed pictures